A child's joy

I thought that Jonathan wasn't really understanding what was going on here.  I told him that his mommy was coming, but his only response was, "Mommy? Merica?"  I figured he hadn't understood.


So I put him down for a nap and when he woke up he was yelling, "Daddy? Daddy?" and as soon as I came in he changed it to, "Mommy? 'Ere?"  I picked him up and said she hadn't come yet but she was coming on an airplane.  "A-p’ane? Mommy? Comin’?"  Then he just kind of looked off into space for a few minutes and his grin got bigger and bigger.  To be honest he looked kind of silly with that big ol' grin on his face.

 

But somehow that silly look seemed familiar...  Where had I seen someone with that same silly grin...?

 

Oh, yeah, that was me this morning in the mirror when I was thinking about Melodye coming home. J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mark 2:1-12 (with poetic license)

Protecting What Is Valuable To Us

I WILL NOT be cheated! (Random personal thoughts on forgiveness)