Joshua's very discerning prayer

I've been on cloud nine ever since receiving the news that Melodye's lab tests came back as we prayed and that her seat was reserved on the plane. All evening while we waited for that news I've barely been able to concentrate, read, listen to the boys. Then I got the news and I was just overjoyed and could hardly think of anything else.

At bedtime I asked the boys who wanted to pray and thank God that Mommy was coming home. We had the usual contest to see who would get to pray and I said they could both pray. Here is what Joshua said in his prayer:

Thank You, God, that Mommy is coming back tomorrow. Thank You, thank You, THANK YOU that Jesus died on the cross. … Amen.

I thought that was neat. I was so caught up in Melodye’s return that Jesus’ death on the cross wasn’t even in my thinking. And my 5-year-old was happy too, but he remembered that Jesus’ death was that much more important and a cause for even more rejoicing.

Thank you, God, that You are making Yourself real to my boys. And thank You, thank You, THANK YOU that You sent Your Son to die on the cross!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mark 2:1-12 (with poetic license)

Protecting What Is Valuable To Us

I WILL NOT be cheated! (Random personal thoughts on forgiveness)